Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 7: Internet

In the past, I used to be addicted to Internet shopping. I would spend close to $500 on average nearly every month, buying things from clothes to video games to books and movies. Most of my purchases would come from Amazon, because I subscribed for Amazon Prime. Prime provides customers with free 2-day shipping, and 1-day shipping for a low cost of $3.99 (regardless of what you buy, and how much you spend)

One day, I realized what I was doing wrong, and decided to take a step towards making things better. I immediately called my bank and had them lower my credit limit. That way, I would only use my credit card on necessary things and not on things I didn't exactly need at the time.

To this day, ever since I realized my addiction (which will be 2 years this July), I have spent approximately $150 towards online spending, but mostly for buying birthday gifts for friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. I can see how the free and reduced quick shipping makes online shopping even more attractive. I'm glad you kicked the habit!

    ReplyDelete