Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week 10: Class Highlights

This quarter has been quite a journey, and this class helped me understand more about media than I've ever imagined. I listen to music, watch television and browse the Internet on my computer and phone without really taking the time and thinking how it impacts one's life, as well as makes things easier for us, as a society.

The biggest "AHA" moment I had in this class was just learning how fast media evolves around us. Growing up in the 80s, there was much less to interact with, technology-wise, than there is today. We had televisions which looked like boxes, audio cassettes and VCRs, which played old-school 8mm video tapes.

20 years later, boxy TVs, audio cassettes and players, as well as VCRs and video tapes have become obsolete. Newer technology has taken over, and makes things simpler on humans.

Before we know it, newer and far more advanced products will be available to us in the not-too-distant future. The reason I picked this as an AHA moment is because we never stop to really soak in this fact that technology and media is evolving around us so fast. This class helped teach me that.

1 comment:

  1. We are indeed living in fast-changing times. Good luck as you continue your education.

    ReplyDelete